Monday, August 24, 2009

Working Weekend

Proud of all the great things we accomplished with the invaluable help of my parents during their visit!

Our kitchen went from my least favorite part of the house to something we are really happy with and eager to use. We certainly learned a thing or two about carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical odds & ends. The house is becoming our home and I'm so grateful for all the help and hard work from my parents. We couldn't have done it without them, for sure!

We didn't have any time for kayaking, picnicking or fancy dinners during their visit, but I discovered that a late night meal of pizza in the middle of an empty living room floor, surrounded by sawdust and paint cans, listening to old blues and laughing exhaustedly after a day of hard work is something that no pricey restaurant can ever top.

No comments: