Thursday, February 28, 2008

Plans for the Future & Close-Ups of Graphite and Scissored Edges

In trying to decide what to work on next, thoughts of world folklore and fairy tales kept entering my mind. I'd love to do a series of cut and layered paper girls (and paper wolves, paper mermaids, paper dragons, paper woodsmen, paper fishermen) based on legends and tales from around the world. Perhaps scenes? Perhaps a congregation of characters all together.

Let the research begin!

And also, here are just a few detailed views of the paper girls. Can you imagine claws, fins and antlers instead of hands, slippers and flowers?




4 comments:

/// said...

OH GRACIOUS--- DID YOU MAKE THOSE GALS????

Claire Mojher said...

Design For Mankind,

Indeed I did! They're in a little gallery right now in Rocky River, Ohio. I've been trying my hand at paper "dolls" for a few months now, but these are more complex than others I've tried.

I plan on making more of these, as well as the jointed, articulated ones I've got on my Etsy shop. I'm hoping to combine the styles of both... much experimentation to happen...

Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful, along w/ the ones below...really, tryuly. very delicate and lovely. thanks for leaving a comment...i'll be checking back soon, as i can't wait to see what you come up w/!

Lorajean said...

I am greatly anticipating the arrival of these lovely works!! Be sweet!